Looking for a UV light pasteurisation technology in Canada

Hello everyone,
I am Julie Daigle, Regional Director of Innovation at CFIN in Québec.

We have a member looking for a company in Canada that manufactures canned beverages in aluminum cans using UV light technologies to pasteurize liquids other than ordinary water (juice, soda, tea, etc.).

Please contact me if you are able to help!
Thank you!

Community verified translation iconHello everyone,
Julie Daigle, Regional Director of Innovation at RCIA in Québec.

We have a member looking for a company in Canada that manufactures beverages in aluminum cans using UV light technologies to pasteurize liquids other than ordinary water (juice, soda, tea, etc.).

Please contact me if you are able to help!
Thank you!

Hello, we might be able to help you : we have a small-scale equipment for liquid treatment, and currently evaluating various suppliers for the purchase of a pilot-scale one (on liquids). We also have a pilot-scale equipment for solid food treatment, but using pulsed light, which is a related technology. We also did challenge tests on UV equipment at industrial scale.

You can contact me by email

1 Like

If still relevant, I thought of the company Adsol that works precisely in this field: https://adsol.ca/

Good luck!

1 Like

Hello Edward,
I have forwarded the information to the company that is seeking it.
Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

I’m not sure if these two resources can help directly, but I think they likely will know who to ask:

Canadian Light Source - Saskatchewan Chithra Karaunakkaran https://www.lightsource.ca/industry/services/services-offered.php#MXServices
University of Guelph - Dr. Keith Warriner, a food microbiologist who invented the UV light system used to clean apples and N95 masks without water https://www.uoguelph.ca/foodscience/people/keith-warriner

1 Like

Hello Mr. Lecompte,
Thank you for the information. I will contact the company that needs the information. It is actually in your region!
Looking forward to it!