co-packing food products

hello

I am a restaurant/catering company owner and I am looking to use a co-packer to be able to sell my sauces in retail spaces. I am reaching out to see if there is anyone on here that could help!

thank you

Hello Chris

Feel free to send an email to - copacking@ingredaops.com

Chris, I am in BC so I am not in a position to help but I can give you some free advice.

  1. A lot of sauce manufacturers will consider private label manufacturing if they have excess capacity.
  2. Whether they take on the job is dependent on the volume and price to which you'll commit.
  3. They will also consider how well the ingredients in your sauce fit into their HACCP plan.
  4. The advantage is they likely have R&D resources to help you industrialize and you can pack under their food safety umbrella.

I would look at Select Food Products in the GTA as an example. David Balke is the Technical Services Manager there. Giraffe Foods is another possibility. John Thompson is their Sales Leader. I'm sure, in this space, there are others more familiar with the Toronto market.

Failing that, you can find a commissary space to self manufacture. But, if you are targeting national retailers, you'll need HACCP certification and a commissary that'll support that with the right infrastructure management.

It’s not much but I hope it helps

Ian

Delmar Foods in London ON is also a possibility

my client has sauce filling facility in Mississagua and looking for more clients for private labelling. if you interest I can connect with them.

Regards,

Ravi

4379371097