Looking for EMPANADA CO-PACKER

We are looking for someone who is able to make our product (frozen, take-and-bake empanadas) with our specific recipes in large quantities. Preferably we are looking for someone who is able to machine make empanadas with unique moulds (edges) and who is in a facility that is CFIA certified. We currently hand make them but would like to change that.

Please see the photos for our current product.

Please contact Jessie at

mamacitasempanadas@gmail.com or 250-939-8649

1 Like

As a CFIA certified facility, the Handpie Co. might be a fit. I'll reach out to @Sarah Bennetto O'Brien to discuss.

Thanks so much for thinking of us Dana & Tyson!
Unfortunately we also are tied to a very labour-intensive handmade process and without automating the folding and crimping, we'd never be able to make a cost-effective co-packing deal. I can also point towards Plats du Chef as I've heard they're filling the gap in the market for automated filled dough co-packing, with far more centralized production for distribution.
Being on an Island is most definitely not cost-effective for frozen shipping :)

Jessie,

Hope you are well.

I remember that there was a Montreal group that were also making these by hand a few years ago. If I remember I will let you know.

You can approach Les Plats du Chef ( Plats Du Chef) they might be able to assist.

If you ever consider upgrading your pouch system, let us know.

Regards,

Don

Two people who may have insight are Nancy Manotas Hart and Marina Querierlo both long time Latin food company owners. You can also look into Plats du Chef out of Montreal. They may have the equipment to make empanadas.

Also thinking The Handpie Company out of PEI may be able to help you. @Tyson MacInnis do you agree?